On laughter and grunts


In September 2022, after trying to get to the group home for 6 weeks, I made it! And what a glorious reunion it was. We did all their favorite nonverbal things. There was much grunting and laughter. One of the ladies said she misses me. It was a tender moment. It makes my heart ache how my time was cut short with them. It felt like ministry, being the hands, feet and heart of Christ to them. I am still grieving this loss. She cried when I left. I promised to visit as able, that she will still see me from time to time.  I cried the whole way home.

One of the things I am learning about grief, is that it points to love and life. Where there is grief, there was once a good thing. I did good work with the ladies. I can rest knowing the relationship and bonds were solid and good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are worth so much more than your productivity

Walking through a Wilderness